What happened here? A look at the 1930's.

What happened here? Create a scenario on what could have happened to create this mape of 1930's government types and major leaders (The most important being Rivington, Hitler, Stalin, and Amid):

RedHawk.GIF

Last edited:

Diamond

Banned
I just want to compliment you on that map. That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you do all that with just Paint?

Who is Rivington - made-up, or a real person? When I saw that name, I thought at first maybe it had something to do with Guns of the South - the Rivington men and all that. :)

Diamond said:
I just want to compliment you on that map. That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you do all that with just Paint?

Who is Rivington - made-up, or a real person? When I saw that name, I thought at first maybe it had something to do with Guns of the South - the Rivington men and all that. :)

Oh, he's made up.

ConfederateFly said:
The map is awesome :D ;) how did you do that?

Oh, I just took a map which Matt White made on his Historical Atlas of the 20th century and made a few changes to it using MS paint.

Actually, IMO the best map I think I've made so far is this one (using MS paint again!):

Attachments

• What1y2sGy.bmp
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,463
Last edited:
Diamond: Thanks for the compliment. So, do you have an idea what could cause a 1930's like this to occur? To make things easier I'll give you these DOBS to work with:

Rivington: April, 16, 1888
Amid: June, 3, 1890

Last edited:
Mikey said:
Crap, Alaska is indepndent...

Independent, and in the middle of a Civil War between the Communist regime there and freedom fighters. Mexico is in a state of complete anarchy. And the US couldn't have fared that well if it became a de-facto autocracy under President Rivington. Overall, North America isn't a very safe place to be.

Kuralyov said:
Is Amid (Arabia-Iran) made up, also?

And is the 1932 Pres. Hoover our friend J. Edgar, or someone else?

Amid is fictional.

President Hoover is actually OTL's President Hoover.

I notice that at some point between 1932 and 1937 Brazil managed to absorb British, Dutch, and French Guinea. Was this by purchase or by war? I can't see Brazil going to war against either Britain or France unless it's a lot more powerful than OTL Brazil was in the 1930s.

Paul Spring said:
I notice that at some point between 1932 and 1937 Brazil managed to absorb British, Dutch, and French Guinea. Was this by purchase or by war? I can't see Brazil going to war against either Britain or France unless it's a lot more powerful than OTL Brazil was in the 1930s.

Well, that's for you to decide, since this is a "What happened here" scenario. I would think that most likely that land would be purchased, or those colonies would have broken off from Britain to join Brazil (possibly because of nationalist/fascist movements gaining strength there).

Alaska maybe belonged to Russia up until WWI, when it was granted its independence by a war-weary Russian Empire. Then the Communists came in and took power in the 1920s, but now fighting rages between not only Russians seeking a Republic, but Canadians and Americans seeking a new life in what some have called the "Last Frontier".

PM Nixon said:
Alaska maybe belonged to Russia up until WWI, when it was granted its independence by a war-weary Russian Empire. Then the Communists came in and took power in the 1920s, but now fighting rages between not only Russians seeking a Republic, but Canadians and Americans seeking a new life in what some have called the "Last Frontier".

That's a fairly plausible scenario. It might be part of the reason Rivington assumes dictatorial or de-facto dictatorial powers as well.

Maybe the US had fought a longer and dealier Civil War, leaving not alot of money to buy Alaska. In 1917, the Czar retreats to Alaska and declares the Imperial State of Alaska. This nation lasts until about 1925, when under support from the Russian Communist Party, the Alaskan Communist Party gains control of the empire and declares the Soviet Alaskan Empire. But the Anglo/American minority rises up in 1931 and wages a Spainish Civil War-style war.

With an earlier Red Scare and several other factors lead to the American Party, a semi-fascist party, to be elected into the Presidencey, and that preson is Theodore Rivington. The American party wipes out all other parties, so that they are small or medium sized, but American is still classified as a multi-party nation until 1940.

In 1935, a bankrupt France and Britian (due to a longer Great War with no American support) sell their Guineas to the Dutch. The Brazillians, who were promised the Guenias, invade and take over all three.

In 1934, the Arabian Republic buys the British and French Midle East Mandates. In 1935, a coup in Persia brings about a pro-Amid gvernment, and they agree to be annexed by the Empire of Arabia, and Amid declares that the Middle East will no longer be owned by imperialistic powers of Europe.

Basically, a longer and deadlier Civil War could lead to the formation of a semi-fascist, anti-black party and gains the presidencey. The US could also still be licking here wounds from the Civil War, and does not enter into the Great War, which lasts until 1920.

Mikey said:
Maybe the US had fought a longer and dealier Civil War, leaving not alot of money to buy Alaska. In 1917, the Czar retreats to Alaska and declares the Imperial State of Alaska. This nation lasts until about 1925, when under support from the Russian Communist Party, the Alaskan Communist Party gains control of the empire and declares the Soviet Alaskan Empire. But the Anglo/American minority rises up in 1931 and wages a Spainish Civil War-style war.

With an earlier Red Scare and several other factors lead to the American Party, a semi-fascist party, to be elected into the Presidencey, and that preson is Theodore Rivington. The American party wipes out all other parties, so that they are small or medium sized, but American is still classified as a multi-party nation until 1940.

In 1935, a bankrupt France and Britian (due to a longer Great War with no American support) sell their Guineas to the Dutch. The Brazillians, who were promised the Guenias, invade and take over all three.

In 1934, the Arabian Republic buys the British and French Midle East Mandates. In 1935, a coup in Persia brings about a pro-Amid gvernment, and they agree to be annexed by the Empire of Arabia, and Amid declares that the Middle East will no longer be owned by imperialistic powers of Europe.

Basically, a longer and deadlier Civil War could lead to the formation of a semi-fascist, anti-black party and gains the presidencey. The US could also still be licking here wounds from the Civil War, and does not enter into the Great War, which lasts until 1920.

That's a pretty well-thought out scenario. The only problem with it is the rise of Hitler to power in Germany. Obviously, Germany wouldn't allow Hitler to rise to power and transform the nation into a total autocracy without some kind of major disaster (i.e. Germany's national humiliation following the "Great War", and/or the Great Depression).

Germany still lost the war, but because of it being prolonged, the Nazi party will become faster quicker, and Hitler would probally come to power in 1934-35.

Mikey said:
Germany still lost the war, but because of it being prolonged, the Nazi party will become faster quicker, and Hitler would probally come to power in 1934-35.

Okay, that makes some sense, though the idea of a third-party gaining power without off shooting from the Republican or Democratic parties after the 1910's seems a little bit far-fetched. I'll post my own scenario soon.