How important are you?

Say the sperm cell misses the egg cell and you are never concieved.
How different would a copy of the World Almanac and book of Facts 2004 become from the OTL version?

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Its probably too early to judge one's effect - for example if in my teaching I pushed several children towards a different and better life than they would otherwise have had, maybe one day one of these becomes a professor or researcher and achieves a breakthrough due in essence to the networking way of thinking that I taught them when they were 7...

Grey Wolf

Xen

Banned
It depends, by my missing did the sperm cell that would become the next Adolf Hitler hit? Or what about the cell that would be the next Mother Teresa? Im pretty sure I was swimming with a bunch of Average Joes and Janes.

I haven't really done anything too significant in my life that would have a major effects in the world. The ripples of me not existing would still be too small to change the world that much.

None at all, possibly some minor butterfly effect.

Oh! Wait... heh, there's story. Once upon the time, there was in Poland party named "Unia Wolnosci" ("Freedom Union" or "Liberty Union"), which I was a member of. Also, I managed to convince my younger brother to join it. He became a young activist and one night, sitting with his friend in local party bureau he started to check declaration of membership - just because of boredom - and he realized, that some of them are... hmm... well... not real. It seemed that one fraction (so-called "liberals") falsified those declaration, to have more delagates for local party meetings and elections.
My brother, as he was from so-called" "ethos fraction" decided it should be revealed - just few days before local party elections. There was a minor political scandal (not national, but within party), and "liberals" lost some of their members and covered in infamy. So, they lost local party elections and, as Krakow was one of the most important regions in party structure it changed probably result of elections of central leadership (because of less delegates of "liberals" and their general infamy).

So, the "liberals" decide to secede and create new party - Platforma Obywatelska ("citizens platform"). Unia Wolnosci lost parliament elections, and, Platforma Obywatelska is now spotted to be winner of next parliament elections :).

And that's the story.

[BTW - is there special word for elections within party?]