The Enlightened Lizard

This is my first thread on the new system, so here goes...

Rather than create a scenario, I will just ask a question:

What would a sentient dinosaur be like?

Feel free to go into body, philosophy, society, technology, idealogy, whatever. Just throw in some ideas.

If I rember corectley, in a Star Trek: Voyager episode, Voyager stumbles apon a race of sentient dinosaurs that had evolved before the Great Extinction, and moced far way. That's all I really remember.

There is also the Eden trilogy by Harry Harrison.The Delta quadrant sentient race evolved from dinosaurs was more technologically advanced than Starfleet however their rigid ( and false) views about their own origins are worthy of the 700 club. :D

It would depend on which kind of dinosaurs the sentient race evolved from - are they plant eating or carniverous? are they mainly solitary or group/pack animals? "Dinosaurs" is almost as large a category as "mammals", with almost as much variation.

On one of the Discovery channels i saw this discussed. in 65 mill bc there was dinosuar, the size of a medium dog [60~75 #] with a Dog sized cranial cavity. [twice the Normal??] as far as the Palatologists can tell he had a Coyote type behavior pattern. [ie eat anything it can get] . I forget the name but it is the Palo's choice for possible.

Straha

Banned
well...

The Imperials on a feature on my website would fit this bill perfectly. Even thoguht the cleft dimension allows magic,FTL travel and a few other oddities its not too different than OTL. For a description of the imperials think a human-sized raptor with a head thats shaped differently. They've developed an opposable thumb. Despite their nonhumanlike forms they've developed a recognizable empire. They still have their tails which are now prehensile. Due to a different brain structure psionic abilities and magic are possible for them.

heres a pic I whipped up in 5 minutes of photoshop(I have better hand drawn pics of imperials)

Imperial.gif

Straha

Banned
and _yes_ I know its a cruddy pic *realizes he forgot the tail and the lighter coloring for the underside of the body*