Corsica

5-15-1768
After a series of long negotiations, France fails to buy the Isle of Corsica from the Genoese, leaving the latter as part of Italy rather than independent.

8-15-1769
Napoleon Bonaparte is born in Ajaccio, Corsica. Since Corsica is a part of Italy, this makes Napoleon an Italian citizen.

Viva la belle Italia

There once was a TL on, eh, Changing the Times with young Napoleon Buonaparte fighting for the King of Sardinia, creating an Italian Empire etc etc. I think it was called Un Posto al Sole or something like that. Quite good, actually!

Best regards and all!

- Mr.Bluenote.

Honeste vivere, alterum non ladere, suum cuique tribuere!

To be Italian or not to be...

DuQuense said:
Napoleon Bonaparte is born in Ajaccio, Corsica. Since Corsica is a part of Italy, this makes Napoleon an Italian citizen.

Oh, by the way, it's not quite Italy yet, you know! :)

Best regards!

- Mr.Bluenote.

Spainish ?? Napolean

Was Nappy a Military mad lad. I was Kind of thinking of having him Join the Tuscany Army [part of Spain] and haveing him lead the Spainish in their conquest of Portugal in 1808.

Guncrazy Corsican on the lose!

DuQuense said:
Was Nappy a Military mad lad. I was Kind of thinking of having him Join the Tuscany Army [part of Spain] and haveing him lead the Spainish in their conquest of Portugal in 1808.

Hmm, I don't rightly known! He was after all sent to some military schole in France as a wee lad, so he was rather indoctrinated I would say. But he could have ended up doing a lot of things... Read a store where he became a pirest, bishop or some such! Napoleon is just to good a character to have him diappear in obscurity.

I like your idea of having Napoleon fighting for the Spanish, and in Portugal naturally! :)

Regards and all!

- Mr.Bluenote.