World War 2.1

Anybody read Weapons of Choice, the first in a trilogy called the Axis of Time? It sounds pretty interesting; a 21st century multinational naval fleet is sent back to 1942. Early reviews seem to be positive :)

I saw it in the bookstore the other day. It looks rather nice, but I prefer to get books from the library and then return them (saves space and $$). I'll be sure to go see if the library's got it.

I picked it up a few weeks ago. I spot read it than put it aside. There was a none too positive review of it on s.h.w.i. On the whole I dislike the ISOT form of Alternative History, in fact I consider it just plain science fiction or adventure. I'll probably buy the rest of the books to finish out the trilogy, but probably never read it.

I read it, it was OK

There would have been plenty of social impact by the movie theatres using conventional 1942 cameras to capture a playback of the post 1942 movies. They would have produced plenty of cash to pay the salaries of the future armed forces members sent back to the past.
ISOT information of value, ROI
Patents and other technology
Movies
Books
Songs
Oil field locations
Ore deposit locations
It may seem strange that I would list songs ahead of oil and ore. That's because oil and ore are valuable due to scarcity. In 1942 most of the world's oil and ore was in the ground. The price collapse would have been huge. Movies and songs are subject to rationing.