Killing Hitler??

If you were the Head of Government of any specific power at war with the Nazis at any time after September 1940 and were given information that would give you a high chance of succesfully murdering/ executing Hitler would you do it?

The question in my mind was NOT the moral one. Rather it was would killing Hitler have been to the military advantage of the allies

They would likely think it was, although that's a good question and one I'm out of my depth in.

tom said:
They would likely think it was, although that's a good question and one I'm out of my depth in.

Depends on who would take over after Adolf, I'd say! But seeing the blunders Adolf made, and that the successor would be more open to the advice of the OKW, I think the Allies would have a much harder fight on their hands. Fx nobody except Hitler would have declared war on the USA...

Best regards!

- Bluenote.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Derek Jackson said:
If you were the Head of Government of any specific power at war with the Nazis at any time after September 1940 and were given information that would give you a high chance of succesfully murdering/ executing Hitler would you do it?

You have to look at why the British in OTL did not adopt this kind of policy and what happened on the one occasion they broke their own rule and engineered the assassination of Heydrich

Grey Wolf