Crimson Skies

I tried posting this in the wrong forum, so I'll try again. My question is this: what will happen in the world after the games? I never completed the PC game, but there was some interesting hints made in the game dialouge. For example, just what the heck will ww2 look like with no USA, but instead alot of funky looking aircrafts and a bunch of young nations in north america? Has anyone ever given this TL any though? I find it somewhat well done.

I enjoyed the video game a lot, but I have it on the Xbox game consule, so the plot may be different. The timeline is pretty good and if you stretch it, possibly plausible to a certain extent. Even without the United States, Hitler won't win. The Soviet Union and the United Kingdom can still fend off Germany. I would think at least a few nations formed from the old USA would join the allies also. If countries like the Industrial States of America, Hollywood and the Empire State join the allies, I see an Allied victory. Japan is a whole another story. They would take serious advantage of the situation in North America. I'm unclear what might happen.

Wouldn't the nations of North America have air superiorty with the planes they have? Since the roads in the United States were destroyed they had to depend on air travel and they made HUGE advancements in the 30s and 40s I believe. I have the Crimson Skies book right in front of me and the timeline is very cool. Other countries like Columbia (nations former capital) and the Dixie Confederation might also put up a fight against Germany. The book explains exactly how the USA dissolves. What happens in WW2 still seems uncertain. We can only speculate.

It's a novel based off the game and in the back it has a timeline from 1924-1938. It's written by Eric Nylund, Michael B. Lee, Nancy Bermen and Eric S. Trautmann. A lot of authors. Its cut up into 3 seperate stories that are going on during the game I believe. It's an easy read but pretty entertaining.

There are actually at least 7 books that were written. Amazon seems to have most of them available used if not new.

Crimson Skies (2002) Latest 3 story anthology

Wings of Fortune-Pirates Gold (2000) Stephen Kenson
Wings of Fortune-Geisterflieger (in German) (2001) Jason Hardy
Was supposed to be a trilogy but I think that only 2 were ever finished.

Wings of Justice-Rogue Flyer (2000) Loren L. Coleman
Wings of Justice-Luftpiraten (in German) (2000) Thomas Gressman
Wings of Justice-Falcon's Prey (2001) Loren L. Coleman
Wings of Justice-Gefecht in den Wolken (in German) (2001) Jason Hardy
I'm confused here because Falcon's Prey and Gefecht in den Wolken are both listed as the 3d book in the series.

I have all of the ones in english , I don't read/speak german, and found them to be entertaining pulp sci-fi.

bekosh said:
There are actually at least 7 books that were written. Amazon seems to have most of them available used if not new.

Crimson Skies (2002) Latest 3 story anthology

Wings of Fortune-Pirates Gold (2000) Stephen Kenson
Wings of Fortune-Geisterflieger (in German) (2001) Jason Hardy
Was supposed to be a trilogy but I think that only 2 were ever finished.

Wings of Justice-Rogue Flyer (2000) Loren L. Coleman
Wings of Justice-Luftpiraten (in German) (2000) Thomas Gressman
Wings of Justice-Falcon's Prey (2001) Loren L. Coleman
Wings of Justice-Gefecht in den Wolken (in German) (2001) Jason Hardy
I'm confused here because Falcon's Prey and Gefecht in den Wolken are both listed as the 3d book in the series.

I have all of the ones in english , I don't read/speak german, and found them to be entertaining pulp sci-fi.

Thank you very much on the information! I didn't realize there were more books on Crimson Skies. You made my day.