Israel founded in l938/39.....on Madagasgar

WI an international conference (with Germany and USSR) called for an establishment of a Jewish state on the island of Madasgar? What would happen after this? Suppose some of the first settlers discover valuable minerals like gold and also find oil-vast amounts? I might add that there was some talk in the US Congress(no doubt from Republicans) and Germany about resettling the island.

Dunash

Banned
Hitler's original plan, had he conquered the world (see "When Nazi Dreams Come True"), was to ship all the world's Jews to Madagascar, and use them as slave labour for the Reich, especially in diamond polishing and jewellry!

ED(Mister) said:
WI an international conference (with Germany and USSR) called for an establishment of a Jewish state on the island of Madasgar? What would happen after this? Suppose some of the first settlers discover valuable minerals like gold and also find oil-vast amounts? I might add that there was some talk in the US Congress(no doubt from Republicans) and Germany about resettling the island.

All the Jews die of tropical diseases in the Second Holocaust.

Does anyone care what happens to the locals? While I don't think they will react in the same way the Palestinians have to Israel, I can't exactly see them being terribly pleased about this deluge of immigrants.

Say, how does the Israelless Middle East develop? Less killing?

Evian Conference 1938 POD

Another interesting pre-WWII Jewish POD: WI the Evian Conference in 1938 hadn't degenerated into a tragic farce of country after country refusing to raise their Jewish immigration quotas ? What difference would've been made to the prospects of larger nos. of Jews being able to escape the Final Solution, had it been more countries than the Netherlands and the Dominican Republic who wanted to take in more Jewish refugees ?

With a Jewish state on Madagascar, what about the British-Free French invasion of the island which occurred in 1941 which kicked out the Vichy forces and secured an Allied foothold in the Indian Ocean ? If a substantial Jewish pop had been deported to Madagascar, and the Allied invasion still proceeded on schedule, could possibly a majority of Jews have been saved from genocide with liberation occurring on Madagascar instead of OTL at Auschwitz, Dachau and all the other concentration camps ?