AH Books Update

Diamond

Banned
This is kind of a continuation of the 'New AH' thread I started on the previous forum. It doesn't have to be new AH per se; post any title that you've come across that sounds interesting.

Here's one:

'A Century of Progress' by Fred Saberhagen.
Its 1984. A man whose grand-daughter is dying of cancer is approached by a woman who claims to be able to cure the girl if the man will perform a small service for her organization.
The 'small service' turns out to be helping to guide a 1933 alternate earth away from a path that would lead it to be dominated by a Nazi-descended cross-dimensional empire.
The title comes from the theme of the '33 World's Fair. Pretty decent read; really makes the Depression come alive; convincing bad guys.

Diamond

Banned
The Resurrections by Simon Louvish

It's 1968. Soviet Premier Leon Trotsky has just died; in Rome, Mussolini still rules a corrupt empire. And in the US, ex-Senator Adolf Hitler is grooming his son to run for President.

Give this one a read - its got something in it to offend and/or delight everyone, from the Japanese nuking Los Angeles in the 1950s, to a communist Germany dueling with the colonial empires of Britain and France, to Che Guevara fomenting revolution in Ethiopia. :D

Diamond

Banned
There's a book called Wasteland of Flint coming out in PB next month. It's by Thomas Harlan, the guy that wrote that multi-volume 'Shadow of Empire' series (which I personally thought was deathly boring). Still, this new book looks intriguing. Its set in the future of an ATL where the Japanese and Aztecs were the dominant civs; it looks to be a classic space opera, and the reviews are generally good.

Anyone read it?

Diamond

Banned
Assorted Titles

The World Next Door By Brad Ferguson.
WWIII in 1962. Story is set 30 or 40 years later in upstate New York. Just started it, so I can't say if it'll be any good or not.

And two FH which are now honorary AH:

Diasporah By WR Yates.
Sometime in the early 21st century, things finally spiral out of control in the Middle East - the whole region is one big glowing cinder. The remaining citizens of Israel live in Hazara Ysroel, a space city orbiting the Earth, and are facing renewed Islamic attacks.

The Ayes of Texas By Daniel da Cruz.
An independent Texas and her rusty, outdated fleet face off against a Russian invasion force.