I am not a book

This weekend, I read a book from Jose Maria Merino (orig. "No soy un libro", in German "Ich bin kein Buch"). Don't know whether there's an English translation (I'd feel a bit sorry for you if there isn't).

It's about some teenagers from Spain who want to make a big trip through Europe per train. But after they cross the border into France, something strange happens (in fact, some universes with different histories were crossing)... people won't accept their money, everything is different, when they phone home to their parents they don't know them anymore...

The changes mentioned were:
- Instead of the country Spain, there's an Iberian alliance. The Arabs still own the South of Spain around the Guadalquivir. The language of this country sounds like a mix of Olde German, Dutch and English. OTL Spanish is called Kastilan and only spoken by very few people.
- America is called Wesland or similar. The Aztecs discovered the Old World before Columbus, and they had colonies in the Canaries, in Africa and Ireland.
- Europe is united. Almost all countries but France, Belgium, Denmark and Switzerland have different names. The letters of the alphabet are a bit different too.
- The British Isles are called the Kasserites.
- The tower of Eiffel is standing in Vienna.
- One of their old teachers from their TL is a High Priest (could be the equivalent of our pope).

Quite crazy, but still interesting.