George III killed in 1795

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faeelin

Banned
In October of 1795, some one tried to assassinate George III. He was surrounded by a mob of over ten thousand, shouting "Peace, Bread," and "no king!"

Okay, he's killed. The army's called out, kills several hundred rioters. What else?

Is habeus corpus suspended? Probably. It was in 1817, and here we've had regicide. In a play on the spa riots of 1816, maybe the mob establishes a committe eof public safety. Ooh. replace hundreds with thousands.

Which will piss off a lot of people. So maybe the cato street conspiracy occurrs earlier.

Hmm. George IV was with the tories now OTL. Presume that the spithead and nore mutinies are considered to be lead by jacobins, so the crews are still treated awfully.

Thoughts?

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Um

OK, well who is making policy here - its gotta be the PM....Pitt ? I don't know enough offhand... George IV is not the bloated mind-numbed idiot of later, and the Duke of York is a senior and important commander in the army.

As for the navy if its the gov't in charge they HAVE to be aware that if they destroy the crews they will NOT have a navy capable of defending the country against France....or at least not one that DEFINITELY could, any pressed replacements are going to be as bad as the revolutionary French sailors

Grey Wolf
in ignorance, lol

Faeelin

Banned
Grey Wolf said:
OK, well who is making policy here - its gotta be the PM....Pitt ? I don't know enough offhand... George IV is not the bloated mind-numbed idiot of later, and the Duke of York is a senior and important commander in the army.

I agree with York, but George IV? I disagree most definitely.

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Labernum

Faeelin said:
I agree with York, but George IV? I disagree most definitely.

Lol, George may have been an idiot all his life but he only went mind-numbed in later life due all to the labernum draughts he was taking to deal with his chronic health problems (most caused by his obesity which was mainly a 19th century thing, at least chronically). I meant to say he would not appear to be so unattractive and unacceptable a replacement for his father at this time

Grey Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.