western extremist retaliates

here is a scenario about the attacks on the wtc

9/11 01. A multimillionare is up and getting ready to go online and do some daytrading. He owns a few buildings on Manhattan and is now sitting in his desk in the Empire state building. Suddenly his secretary runs into the room and ask him to join him at one of the windows

He see the attack take place and knows that his daughter is working on the restaurant in the top of the building. He phones her and he gets the situation. They talk until the building collapses

He looses his mind and get ready to revenge

A week later when the stock market opens he sells off everything and gets his learjet and flys to Russia. He knows a few people that want to have a better life.

Within a month he has two nukes and he is still fuming with anger at the muslim world.

After a few bribes he is in Israel with the nukes and his jet that he has converted. When people ask him about the strange things he sais its top secret research.

On christmas day he takes off and fly down the red sea and then drops below the radar and turns the plane towards mecka and medina. He leaves a recorded message on the hotell room he rented and explains all and why

When he is within 100 kilometers of Mecka(or medina witchever is the closes to the sea) he has the plane go up and when he reaches the first target he is at a few thousand meters and drops the first nuke from the plane and has set it to detonate at 100 meters.

He manages to destroy both Mecka and Medina and get away and land in Lebanon.

What is the worlds reaction?

I know that some things arent that realistic in this scenario, but i just came up with this 15 minutes ago

mattep74 said:
here is a scenario about the attacks on the wtc

9/11 01. A multimillionare is up and getting ready to go online and do some daytrading. He owns a few buildings on Manhattan and is now sitting in his desk in the Empire state building. Suddenly his secretary runs into the room and ask him to join him at one of the windows

He see the attack take place and knows that his daughter is working on the restaurant in the top of the building. He phones her and he gets the situation. They talk until the building collapses

He looses his mind and get ready to revenge

A week later when the stock market opens he sells off everything and gets his learjet and flys to Russia. He knows a few people that want to have a better life.

Within a month he has two nukes and he is still fuming with anger at the muslim world.

After a few bribes he is in Israel with the nukes and his jet that he has converted. When people ask him about the strange things he sais its top secret research.

On christmas day he takes off and fly down the red sea and then drops below the radar and turns the plane towards mecka and medina. He leaves a recorded message on the hotell room he rented and explains all and why

When he is within 100 kilometers of Mecka(or medina witchever is the closes to the sea) he has the plane go up and when he reaches the first target he is at a few thousand meters and drops the first nuke from the plane and has set it to detonate at 100 meters.

He manages to destroy both Mecka and Medina and get away and land in Lebanon.

What is the worlds reaction?

I know that some things arent that realistic in this scenario, but i just came up with this 15 minutes ago

I doubt very much you can get working nukes with their command codes from Russia or anywhere else. A more likely plan would be to make nerve gas and use that on Mecca.

Who says a nuke will only be military-level quality with command codes? There was an actual case in the U.S. twenty or thirty years ago, a college student was able to piece together instructions on how to build a nuclear warhead from books found in a public library.

If our vengeful American gets plutonium or cobalt, and there is plenty for sale, he can get the electronics to set it off from a private contractor, no command codes necessary.

Mecca and Medinah are far more sacred to Muslims than Bethlehem or St. Peter's Basilica are to us. If they were nuked, there would be few Muslims who were NOT out for blood. Extremists/terrorists would be the rule, not the exception. That would include most Muslims living in the West, who up to that point had been trying to get along and live in peace with their non-Muslim neighbors.

Yeah, you'd basically push the majority of muslims over into extremism.... nowadays, most of them, no matter where they live, have no great desire to go out and kill people any more than we do. This scenario would change that overnight....

Valamyr

Banned
The US would probably veto a UN resolution condemning the act, unless it contains harsher condemnations of Al-Quaeda.

:rolleyes:

But yeah, it wouldnt be pretty.

A few thoughts on this ....

1) Al Qaeda's #2 guy has made claims that they have suitcase nukes. His statement was that with enough money on the Asian Black Market everything is available. I tend to believe that this statement is a gross overstatement. Certain nations have been working on developing nuclear weapons for years. Certainly if they were so easily available on the Black Market then Libya, Iran, or Syria would have purchased them long ago. I think there probably are nukes for sale, but not in the vast quantity that just anyone can get them.

2) There was a real brief story that came out shortly after 9/11 about a small group of rather wealthy business men who were so enraged by 9/11 that they wanted to use their resources to "strike back" independent of the US Government. Needless to say, the US Government got wind of this and strongly encouraged them not to do so.

3) I think the easiest way for a "Radical Westerner" to hit Mecca would be to have a college chemical engineering graduate student decide to "take action". He waits until the Haj, travels to Mecca, and creates his own Mustard Gas.