Clinton WI: No special prosecuter

I'm almost finished My Life (page 847/957), and one of the actions that Clinton singled out as his biggest mistake was appointing a special prosecuter to handle the Whitewater issue. In OTL (according to Clinton), the whole investigation, largely through Ken Starr, slowly devolved into something of a witch-hunt out to prove that Clinton was the Devil. I'm generalising here, but that's the general idea.

Anywho, what would have happened if Clinton had followed his gut and decided not to get the prosecutor? Would Whitewater have just faded away? Would this make his presidency a little easier? Or would he be attacked with something else?

NapoleonXIV

Banned
Seeing as Clinton may be the 2nd or 3rd smartest political genius of the 20thc then I am not going to second guess him. However, when one considers the actual range and reach of the right wingers that were indeed out to get him one way or the other then I think they would take this refusal as almost an admission of guilt and just press harder in one way or another.

I've been thinking about it too.....it might've been for the best not to form one, but the right wing Republicans would've been over him on something.

I believe that every president should have one set on them 2 days after they are elected . If found gulity they should be shot . Then we might get a honest president which we have not had scince W.Wilson