Queen of Canada but not of England

Republicanism- in the sense of rejecting a Monarchy- is relatively weak in Britain but has long been one strain in political thought.

I think- but I might be mistaken- that the Monarchy is seen as particular symbol of unity in Canada which has in some ways more diversity than here - I'm a Brit.

Any idea of a scenario under which Britain abolishes its Monarchy but Canada does not?

(PS almost nobody in Britain would want the US model of head of state and head of government being the same person. But on balance I would like an elected figure head.)

How about a revolution in the UK that forces the royals out and they go to Canada? How about if Sea Lion succeeds and the monarchy packs its bags?

I think this will happen in the future.

Would Canada change to the Kingdom of Canada or will the Queen's/King's title change to Domina/Dominus?

fortyseven said:
I think this will happen in the future.

Would Canada change to the Kingdom of Canada or will the Queen's/King's title change to Domina/Dominus?

How about Dominatrix?

I believe that there was a debate during the Confederation talks about Canada being termed a 'Kingdom' rather than a 'Dominion'. The latter was chosen because of the close proximity of the US.

:D No, Dominatrix/Dominator means someone who dominates, whereas Dominus(Domina) means Lord.

Ya I know why Dominion was chosen that's why I said it.

Say if Canada annexes the Caycos post POD, should rile a number of Americans to no end, BWAHAHA.

David S Poepoe said:
How about Dominatrix?

I believe that there was a debate during the Confederation talks about Canada being termed a 'Kingdom' rather than a 'Dominion'. The latter was chosen because of the close proximity of the US.

Ok--was I the only one who had a mental image of Queen elizabeth in a dominatrix costume?

fortyseven said:
:D No, Dominatrix/Dominator means someone who dominates, whereas Dominus(Domina) means Lord.

Whew--glad we cleared that up....

hang on--Queen E was a major babe in her younger days and that image of her in a dominantrix costume is coming back again....

Doctor What said:
hang on--Queen E was a major babe in her younger days and that image of her in a dominantrix costume is coming back again....

Well it's for certain - Doctor What comes from a different timeline, left here by ASB's to spy on us, only the fact that he can't differentiate between a major babe and the Queen of England saves us from world domination (there's that word again).