Olympics WI- terrorist attacks

OK, I know the Olympics are still more than 6 mths away, but WI the 1972 Munich massacre hadn't occurred ? Had the terrorists been unable to get into the Olympic village and take the Israeli team-members hostage, would hist have been affected for the worse of the better ? I mean, had there not been a total foulup with the Bavarian marksmen totally botching the rescue attempt at the arifield resulting in the deaths of all 8 Israeli hostages, would Western countries have had to learn the hard way in a more costly manner had an even more high-profile venue been subjected to terrorist attack ? As I understand it, Western govt began to seriously develop their counter-terrorist outfits like the SAS CRW wing, Israeli paras and SAYARET GOLANI, GSG-9, Delta Force, BBE (of Royal Netherlands Marines), etc in the aftermath of Munich. Would no Munich attack have meant that the development of CT warfare units and techniques would've been delayed until the next major terrorist incident ? How would such subsequent international terrorist attacks as the Dutch train and school hijackings 1975, Entebbe 1976, and Mogadishu 1977 have proceeded had there been no Munich as a wakeup call to the existing deficiencies in combatting terrorism ?

Also, what would've been the effect of a major terrorist attack on any of the major Olympic Games of the past decade, such as Barcelona 1992, Atalnta 1996, or Sydney 2000 ? In the 3rd case, had there been a major Islamic fundamentalist attack, the Aust SASR, 4RAR (Commando), and Sydney and AFP (Aust Fedeeral police- equivalent to the FBI) cops would've swung into action.

you said it; the west wouldn't develop any real CT units and tactics until the next big terrorist attack on their interests.