The Peoples General

Xen

Banned
Has anyone else played this? It starts in 2000 with a radically different world, China becomes hardcore communist, while the US becomes alot more liberal. In Russia ethnic tensions mount as food rationings are cut short. In the next couple of years the US cuts its military to about a fourth of its current size, but the very next year Taiwan declares independence. I think somewhere along the lines a conservative became President though the introduction doesnt say for sure as he sends the US 7th Fleet to the Taiwan straight. China attacks the US destroying the fleet and launches an invasion of Taiwan. An international alliance consisting of Germany, Britain, France, Russia, South Korea, the United States, Japan, Australia, and Taiwan declare war on the Peoples Republic of China. The actual fighting part begins in 2005 or 2006.

yes i have and china had a strange goal, namely gain as much land as possible and sue for peace, i also didn't like the ending as would china really give up just because they had been driven back to their borders? i reckon you'd see house to house fighting in the capital before china gave up, although seeing as how it is one of the few allo history wargames i liked it. you can get it from www.the-underdogs.org

I kind of like it. OK, I'm sucker for PG2 so this was natural step. It doesn't make much sense when you look at it closer though. Chinese take Kazan, Astrakhan and Volgograd and Russian give up? What happened to those thousands of nukes, eh? :rolleyes:

OK, Chinese are pushing toward Moscow. It makes much more sense for Americans to send troops there than to start making troubles in Korea.

Which brings me to qustion why is Korea last one to be attacked, seing how US troops there could do much more damage than troops in Malaysia. Or Vietnam.

I like General series engine so I play this one every so often.