Map: America 1936 in my monster timeline

This is America (oops, Hesperia) in 1936 inmy monster timeline. National boundaries are unchanged since 1901. In yellow: the Vinland Federation. Red: British Dominion of Canada and Dabei (OTL British Columbia). OTL Washigton/Oregon/Idaho: Empire of FuSang (British, with substancial autonomy). Pink: the Federal Republic of California (sorry I haven't detailed the states). Grey: The Hesperian Confederation (much like OTL CSA). Brown: Greater Texas. Blue: the United States of Hesperia. Light Blue: The New Palestine Republic.
In central Hesperia we have the Empire of Mexico, the Mayan Republic of YucatÃ*n (comprising even Chiapas, Tabasco, Guatemala, Belize - an error the re dthere), Nicaragua (A Greater Texan State), El Salvador (Texan puppet), Honduras, the British Kingdom of Mosquitia, Costarica, Panama (Confederate puppet), Cuba (effectively independent), Haiti (Confederate puppet), Santo Domingo and Puerto Rico (thecnically both independent but Confederate puppets)

naoutlcolor1901.jpg

Grey Wolf

Donor
Ah your monster timeline, I remember it well. How's it coming along in total ?

Very interesting map. Why FuSang ? Is it related to that Chinese admiral whose name escapes me at nearly Midnight ?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

He's Zheng He. It's named for a mythological land across the Pacific that some Buddhist monk claimed to have visited during the late 5th century. It was put at 20,000 Chinese miles off China, which would have placed it in Western Mexico, leading some to wonder if Fusang is America.

I'm working out local details, essentially. Most thing are definitive - still to clear out historical details about areas like XXth century Poland or Syria, late Midlle Ages Iraq, Medieval Spain, or German-speaking Venedigl - OTL Venezuela. My work keeps me extremely busy most of the time, so I work slowly and irregularly... but I'll reach some conclusion in the near future.

My sources: bartleby.com, WHKMLA on zum.de, hostkingdom.net and an untold number of local history sites from one corner of the Earth to the opposite one.

And yes, FuSang is heir to a mixed Chinese-Native Amer... ( :mad: ) Hesperian culture "stranded" and abandoned there amidst the XVth century.