TL Question - Different 20th Century

Diamond

Banned
Grey Wolf & other 'dynastic experts'! I need your help!

In my Different 20th Century TL, I have the Russian Revolution of 1917 being avoided; the Czar stays in power. In the mid 1920s, the monarchy falls, but before that happens, I have a few questions:

How long do you expect Nicholas II to live (assuming a 'normal' life)?

Who is his heir? (I know next to nothing about the later Romanov generations)

Who do you think that heir is likely to marry, and when? (Preferably pre-1924, if possible)

When the monarchy is overthrown, where do you think the Romanovs will flee? (Based on events in my TL)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me; this has been holding up the next part of my TL for two friggin weeks!

There were two revolutions in 1917, so its possible that the Bolshevik Revolution won't happen. Stalin for a while was on the pay of the Tsarist police, I think.

How an easy guess about how long Nicholas would live, take a look at King George V. They virtually looked alike, George lived 1865-1936, Nicholas was about 3 years younger, born in 1868.

Alexis is Nicholas II's heir. Born in only 1904 I would think it a little unlikely, but not entirely impossible, that he would be married before he turns 20. Its entirely possible that he wouldn't survive his adolescent years as a haemophiliac. After Alexis would be Nicholas' brother Michael (1878-1918) who married Natalia, Princess Romanovska-Brassova, in 1911. So that leaves you either coming up with another heir or having Alexis married off to the first available noble woman when he gains his majority - or before.

Having looked over your posted ATL I don't quite see why the Romanovs wouldn't go into exile in Britain. France is another good possibility given the close connection of the Russo-French Entente.

Diamond

Banned
Excellent! Just the sort of info I needed. Thank you, David. Another question: did Michael and Natalia have any children? I've decided to kill off Alexis in 1922 from complications of his hemophilia, so I'll need to work out some kind of family tree for Michael and his immediate descendents.

They will be living in exile in Britain, but I assume they will be the legitimate heirs to the Russian throne if and when its re-established, correct?

Diamond said:
Excellent! Just the sort of info I needed. Thank you, David. Another question: did Michael and Natalia have any children? I've decided to kill off Alexis in 1922 from complications of his hemophilia, so I'll need to work out some kind of family tree for Michael and his immediate descendents.

They will be living in exile in Britain, but I assume they will be the legitimate heirs to the Russian throne if and when its re-established, correct?

This would depend upon whether or not the Tsar abdicated. Nicholas was of robust health, so you could expect him to live a pretty full life - I would say at least the late 30s, probably longer. If he and Alexandra have no more sons, than Michael is next, if he makes it out. He didn't have any children, so you can jut invent some, although we should have Grey Wolf confirm this.

A quick search of the Internet at least at one site says that Michael's marriage to Countess Natalia Brassovna produced one child, George Romanov (1910-1931) and the marriage was morganatic. So upon Michael's death any of his children via Natalia won't be able to ascend to the throne.

That would imply that the crown would then fall to one of the descendents of Grand Duke Vladimiar the next eldest son of Tsar Alexander II. Which would give us Grand Duke Cyril (1876-1938), then Grand Duke Vladimir (1917-1992).

Take a look at: http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/gotha/index1.htm