How to spot ATL immigrant

When asked to name 5 most widelly spread religions he answers "Mithraism, Zoroatrism, Hellenic Pantheon, Animism and that Mongolian stuff".

He shows you certificate of his Roman citizenship.

He defends Jewish suicide bombings as legitimate fight against Palestinian occupation of Israel.

He shows you a flag of him planting Wehrmacht flag on one of towers of Kremlin.

You see add in local newspaper "5 month old ASB for sale. Can do tricks, specially Sucesfull Sealion. Both Persian and Byzantine currency acepted."

He opposes recent legalisation of marihuana (Ha. Beat Straha to it. :) ).

He shows holiday slides taken in Mecca, but he is not Muslim. Round the Kaaba are several temples and no Great Mosque.

He needs to scuba dive for his work :: he asks where he can get a Government diving licence, and also a Type 3 explosives handling permit so he can legally store and refill scuba cylinders.

He says he sailed up the Nile right up to Tanzania. (Geological ATL: No Virunga volcanoes. OTL Lake Tanganyika drained into the Nile up to a few million years ago.)

He has a holiday phrasebook for Latin.
He has a holiday phrasebook for Nahuatl (= Aztec language).
He has a holiday phrasebook for Quechua and Aymara.
He has a holiday phrasebook for what looks like Coptic, but each phrase is accompanied by a transcription in hieroglyphs.

He is one of several overmuscular men in boilersuits and heavy boots. They smell strongly of almonds. Their breath smells very strongly of almonds also. He says that in his own ATL earlier that day they had evicted aggressive tramps from an infested doss and then cleaned it out; after they they fumigated themselves and put their riotsquad kit back in store, and then they time-jumped just in time for their holiday. There is just one fumigant that smells like that, but despite that they are obviously alive and well and unaffected, and not drunk or drugged.

you can tell he's a AH immigrant

Note: Not all these immigrants are from the same TL

He can't figure out what 9-11 is and keeps asking what happened to President Gore?

He wonders why Canada is an independent country and not part of the USA.

He wonders why not all blacks are enslaved in sweatshops and wonders what happened to his beloved CSA.

His passport says he's from the republic of Quebec

He has large quantities of ginger in his storehouse and has shipping company that does a lot of business with Cairo, Johannesburg and Australia.

...When he shows you pictures of Buenos Aires and calls it "Nelson Town"

...When he speaks, his accent is English with an Italian lilt, and German endings for certain words

...When he condemns Mexico for taking the western states and being a bully...

...when he blames Canada for taking lands that are "clearly American"...

...when he shows you a picture he took of the Royal Palace in Honolulu...

...when he goes on how Zapatista is the best thing that Mexico had, and that without him, Mexico would be the trampling ground of the US...

...when he shows you his legionarre armor, complete with traditional helmet, and the new Cumbria Argonious Vest...

He stays indoors during the day and if he is forced to go outside he sticks to the shadows.

He is insistant in his belief that New Scotland will win the next football world cup.

At midday he unfolds a mat, kneels on it and prays to the sun

He doesn't think he can afford meat anytime this month

On a Friday he hurries home for 8 O'clock in the belief that the 11th series of Blackadder is starting this week.

Leej:

Plenty of people OTL, even in America, can't afford meat unless it is dog food...

When he's asking the way to the closest Temple of Ishtar and her maids, he lights up a cigarette without asking.

-He asks were he can find the nearest tunnel to the Underground Breeding Centers.

-When he sees the American flag, he is surprised that it only has 50 stars, the same number that it held 80 years ago.

-When he sees a map of Europe, he asks why doesn't Germany extend to most of Europe.

He gives you a panicked stare when you talk about Reagan's administration, and constantly mutters "They made the guy with the puppets a president?".

He keeps asking where the coal duct is on his car.

He wonders why the floppy disks are so small and hard.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Alasdair Czyrnyj said:
He wonders why the floppy disks are so small and hard.

Lol, I remembering wondering that less than ten years ago. When I did my dissertation at uni my discs sure were floppy. When I came to do my teachng qualification, it was only smaller hard things that were allowed. It seemed really odd

Grey Wolf

When he asks you why people are given him odd looks when he gives the Nazi solute.

When he shows you pictures of him at the Arc Du Triumphe Du Berlin with the French flag waving in the background.

When he shows you pictures of him in the ruins of New York City with the hammer and sickle in the background.

When he asks you why the Confederate Party and the Liberal Negro Party aren’t represesented in Congress.

When he looks at the political cartoons and asks why first consuls Bush, Gore, and Buchanan are allowing these to be printed.

She asks when did men get suffrage and is shocked when you explain they are allowed to serve in combat roles in military.

tom said:
Leej:

Plenty of people OTL, even in America, can't afford meat unless it is dog food...

Yeah I know, it looks like I didn' write what I thought, I was meant to say something about him being wealthy.

In Washington DC ....

*He asks you why there's a statue of Lincoln in the McClellan Memorial.

*He asks why the Senate is in Washington instead of Rome.

*He wonders why everyone calls the city of Lee by the name Washington. Don't they know it named for America's first President, Charles Lee? He also asks questions about the Lee Monument.

*He points out a political cartoon in the newspaper which is clearly in violation of the Adams Sedition Act.

*He asks when they changed the name of Bono International Airport.

*He seems troubled that he can't find the Goldwater War Memorial Museum.

"What the hell is that up there?! :eek: " *hears answer* "Tell me more about this 'moon' of yours ..."