'Burn Baby Burn' more violent - black urban revolution

Drawing on previous posters' brief references to how disillusioned black vets who came back from the VW wanted to take their training and combat experience into the street and conduct a full-scale urban revolution, esp re BLOODS by Wallace Terry: could such a well-planned and directed rebellion in the ghettos have worked at some point during the late 60s or early 70s ? Say if large nos. of Bloodbrothers who'd served together in combat, esp with elite outfits like the airborne, Marines, Green Berets and LRRPs, were able to network with each other and with local Black Panthers and other African-American militants after returning home. Could these battle-hardened black dudes, disillusioned by the 2nd-class treatment their race were still receiving at home while having had to go risk their lives for a country in which they still remained oppressed, had they managed to organise on a systematic scale in a no. of major cities, have effectively led as close to a full-blown black urban revolution as possible ? How much different would the hist of race relations in the US have been ?

Oh, just extrapolating on this POD- say if these black vets and their local followers lured the local cops and NG troops into ambushes within the ghettos, and inflicted extremely heavy casualties on them ?

I hate to say this but there would of been a blood bath for both sides .
I rember the 60's riots in my home town you would not of like to attack the block I lived on . The Fathers on the street pulled out of there basment weapons that would of scared you . The Guy next door of us had anti tank rocket launcher and my old man pulled out a BAR and had us kids fill sand bags . There had to be about 6 auto Rifles and MGs on the street I lived on as well as most of the rest had rifles . The cops drove by the 2nd day and never said a thing . Rember you had alot of WWII Vets and they were only in the 40's at that time and they would be deffending there homes . Times were diffrent then . You have to rember the Goverment sent Army troops into Det . At night you could hear the gunfire and see the fires . The NG moved in town with Sherman tanks and they opened fire in the town .

Raymann

Banned
I know a lot of black vets and I can tell you most vets period just wanted to go back to their lives. Most vets were teenagers during the 60's and knew first hand that progress was being made in that arena so while there would have been some dissention, I know my dad visited the local draft office and flipped the table over when he got back, most would go back to their lives. My dad went back to college and many of his friends who he served with and who stayed his friends when back to their old lives. Most were just tired of fighting and wanted to get that part of their lives behind them. By the time the war ended anyway, most overt oppression was gone and there was little to start riots over, at least compared to the 60's.

By the time the war ended anyway, most overt oppression was gone and there was little to start riots over

Likely because OTL the USA government improved matters because they were afraid of a violent black rebellion becauee of a lot of black Vietnam vets coming back home.

"The Fathers on the street pulled out of there basment weapons that would of scared you . The Guy next door of us had anti tank rocket launcher and my old man pulled out a BAR and had us kids fill sand bags . There had to be about 6 auto Rifles and MGs on the street I lived on as well as most of the rest had rifles ."

(applauds the prepared citizenry)

What's a BAR?

Matt Quinn said:
"The Fathers on the street pulled out of there basment weapons that would of scared you . The Guy next door of us had anti tank rocket launcher and my old man pulled out a BAR and had us kids fill sand bags . There had to be about 6 auto Rifles and MGs on the street I lived on as well as most of the rest had rifles ."

(applauds the prepared citizenry)

What's a BAR?
A BAR is A Browning Automatic Rifle used as a light MG by the US Army in WWII and Korea and some in Nam .

Raymann

Banned
I own a few guns and i seriously want to have a BAR. I mean, come on who wouldn't wanna just go out and start spraying.