Post Napoleon Spanish Empire

With the withdraw of Spainfrom the french Imperial Wars in 1811, Spain sent troops to South America. Spain had troubles in Americo de Sud, with a Rebel Terrorist named Simon Bolivar, Running around stirring up Trouble.

In Mexico, Ignacio Allende, was causing the same kind of problems so they sent troops there too. but in 1813 the US had Offered to Mediate. [?Gunpoint?] Spain really didn't want to reopen the US War so agreed. Ignacio Allende, became King of Mexico.

With the aid of the Extra troops from Mexico, Spainish General Napolean Bonaparte Defeats and Captures Simon Bolivar in 1815.

The following year 1816 Napolean Bonaparte appointed Viceroy of Gran Columbia [OTL Venezuela, Columbia, Ecuador, and Peru ].

Napolean is 47 years old, been in the Army for thirty years. ?What kind of a Viceroy, Would he have been? What kind of policies whould Spain have followed? Harsh reprisals or please don't try to leave again? Could Spain have held Columbia till the 1890 or 1930 civil wars.

World 1818

Map to help Visualize

USotA 1818Jp.jpg

Grey Wolf

Donor
You know, the night before last I dreamt of Napoleon (I) in Mexico, and now I find a timeline that almost duplicates this ! The power of dreams...

Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

Donor
Kuralyov said:
How is it that Napoleon is Spanish?

I don't know how it works here, lol, but in my dream he had come back from Egyupt, lost the power struggle and been forced into exile where his political and military skills helped him quickly rise up. In the dream he was in Mexico City with Josephine, and arguing with some Prussians who had been hired to help him. I got the impression that he had risen to become Emperor of Mexico in the wake of independence, rather like Agustin Iturbide

Grey Wolf

Spainish Napolean

1768 France Does Not Buy Corscia
1769 Napolean [Analogue] Same parents, Up bringing, ect.
1786 Napolean joins Tuscany Army [Spainish]
1794 France invades Italy- Imperial Wars start
1794 Spain invades Portugal Captain Bonaparte transfered to Spain.
1806 General Bonaparte defeats Wellington British retreat to Lisbon and south Coast.
1811 Spain withdraws from Imperial Wars, [Franco-American War of 1805] Signs Treaty With GB & US
1812 Napolean sent to Columbia to stop Bolivar.

Faeelin

Banned
Grey Wolf said:
You know, the night before last I dreamt of Napoleon (I) in Mexico, and now I find a timeline that almost duplicates this ! The power of dreams...

Grey Wolf

I did that way before this dream.

Granted, he did it as part of my response to "let's all make america weaker!", but hey.

Are these 'Imperial Wars' the same thign as OTL's Revolutionary Wars? If so, why not just call them that?

Then...someone else became emperor? I find it hard to believe that history would repeat itself so finely with another, presumably less-ambitious general leading France. He probably would have just contented himself with keeping the Consulate government.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Kuralyov said:
Then...someone else became emperor? I find it hard to believe that history would repeat itself so finely with another, presumably less-ambitious general leading France. He probably would have just contented himself with keeping the Consulate government.

Oh, I don't know - the trend was already towards more centralised power and it would become clear that after a while it had to be centred in one man as the division amongst several would only weaken the ability of the state to act. Now, what you therefore have is the First Consul as effective dictator, but how is he going to be accepted by EVERY other European power if he continues to be in this model ? I would think that the same forces which pushed Napoleon towards empire could well push our hypothetical individual. I do think it is likely to be less straightforward and more bloody - whereas Napoleon rose within the existing power structure to first dominate and then take over, what you may have instead is a military coup against the civilian administration, and then the leader of the military moves towards empire. Whether this comes from someone like Bernadotte or Murat, or someone more obscure in OTL is a good question

Grey Wolf