Smaller America

All you know about an ATL is that the United States still has its 1783 borders.
What else about the ATL would you deduce?

Last edited:
Britain doesn't give us Red River or Upper Maine, and keeps all of Oregon; no Alaska or Hawaii annexation, and no Spanish-American War...an independent California and Texas, maybe?

Straha

Banned
or west of the missisipi is a big bloc of land from panama to the arctic with the entire carribean under its control.. it is the anarchistic republic of Strahaland where the slaves were never freed,steampunk is the order of the day,the environment is somewhere between the eastern bloc and PaveWorld,neo-feudal lords have slave labor combines and medicine men,quacks and the odd herb granny are the only sources of medicine with legitimate sources being firebombed. Truly a dark world ;) in other news my time-travel experiments are going well...

Interesting moment.
The point of divergense, I think is 1803 - Napoleon refuses to sell Luisiana to US. What can be then - sooner or later Luisiana proclaims independance from France. So, Northern America will look like Southern - there are not one big state, but several small ones.
I am not agree with SurfNTurfStraha - there will not be neo-feudal lords have slave labor combines - slave will not work with complicated machines, remember the Roman times. And of course slavery will not survive until modern days. Confederacy can win the war and separate, but it today it will look more like modern Brasil, then XIX century Georgia...

Really doesn't seem likely. What a French refusal to sell would do is create an American invasion of Louisiana as a junior British ally. Hmmm, no war of 1812 and the US and GB as friends, interesting.

How about Spain refuses to sell Louisiana back to FRANCE and the Brits won't let their Spanish allies be despoiled by the US?