US Domestic terror outrage

A couple in Texas was arrested with chemical weapons, arms and apparnetly half a million rounds of amunition. They were associated with the far right.

What would be the consequence of some outrage worse than the Oklahoma bombing being committed by home grown American terrorists?

Leo Caesius

Banned
Derek Jackson said:
A couple in Texas was arrested with chemical weapons, arms and apparnetly half a million rounds of amunition. They were associated with the far right.

What would be the consequence of some outrage worse than the Oklahoma bombing being committed by home grown American terrorists?

If I remember correctly, the Administration has "tied" the OKC bombing to Saddam Hussein (at least, I remember that this was the story that was being fed to us by FOX News in 2002). When I saw your post, I went back to look for it, and sure enough:

Saddam Possibly Tied to Oklahoma City

My assumption is that any other terrorist attack committed by some another McVeigh type would be tied to A) al-Qaeda B) Iran C) Syria D) North Korea or E) All of the Above. The response, IMHO, would be the invasion of another ME country, probably Syria.

Wouldn't it be a reverse-Aznar

Aznar: Domestic terror did it
Bush: Someone other than domestic terror did it

Susano

Banned
Pull off an Aznar would mean "Blame it on your enemies you fought" (ETA in Aznars case, Al Quaida it would be in Bushs case) "and thenlose the elction when it is discovered it wasnt this enemy at all"