What if...Aliens on Earth?

Once again, having far too much time on my hands and partaking in far too many rum and cokes and having just seen Aliens and Alien, I was wondering what would happen if, say, the original alien ship from the movies had crashed on a remote part of Earth (let's say Buttfuck Nowhere of the country you're in).

Given the number of eggs and the fact that this species is one big fucking nightmare to contain, imagine a similar scenario like Aliens, where a town is soon taken over and a nest established as some locals venture out and find the ship. Before anyone can get a team to check out mysterious disappearances, the xenos have sent many facehuggers and other drones across the wilderness. Oh yeah--assume that it's identical to the premise in Aliens and that at least one queen (or more if you like) have been hatched.

What action would be taken? Would the UN try and assess the threat and send in rescue teams or would the WHO work with the military to try and counter the species? Could the whole country be infected and spread the species to other nations and if so, what measures could or would be taken to ensure places like Paris, Berlin, London and Washington don’t get overrun? And if the infestation did spread to a major city, short of nuking the whole city, how can you be sure that the threat is destroyed?

We'd have no chance. They'd spread like flu (or even faster) and after few days, even before anybody would understand what's going on, theyd be almost everywhere. Sorry.

BTW, isn't it an Alien Space Bat topic?

We'd have no chance. They'd spread like flu (or even faster) and after few days, even before anybody would understand what's going on, theyd be almost everywhere. Sorry.

Bummer....

BTW, isn't it an Alien Space Bat topic?

Dr. What looks over his post--is pleasantly surprised at it's proper grammatical structure, coherent spelling and clever usuage of the word 'the'. Blinks and realizes that, alas, the rum and cokes he drank seemed to affected his ability to read english.

Sorry--kinda new here--mea culpa
Any chance of moving this sucker to the right place?

Waves his hands...

Back to the topic.....

The xenos are tough but not indestructable. Sure a .45 caliber shot, unless really lucky, will do nothing except piss them off but I doubt they can shrug off a bunch of AK-47 or M-16s. And they seemed to like building nice, large, obvious nests. Won't that work against them?

NapoleonXIV

Banned
A few well placed H-bombs would probably take care of the problem, if we knew what was happening before they had a fairly large area. Even if they did, we could just use more megatons, but the cost in lives and property would be horrendous either way.

That would have made for a much more interesting Alien III and so forth. It would have been interesting to see how the filmmakers would handle an epidemic of aliens starting out in, say futuristic Montana or South Africa. It also would have allowed an interesting examination of the political/ecomonic dynamics of earth in this future, instead of putting the action among a group of disfunctional misfits on some dark and dingy space outpost.

Similarly, I had wished that Jurrasic Park II and III had taken the hint offered in the original book, that nasty raptors, etc had already made their way to the mainland. Shoot, then you could end up with a mega merger of every major SF/action/horror series in the 1980's and 90's. US Special forces hoping to rescure ecotourists from being eaten by raptors come up against Predators hunting aliens and rebel drug lords in the jungles of Costa Rica and all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:
I heard that Aline 3 and Alien: Resurrection were both originally going to deal with aliens on Earth, but they decided to change it. I also heard that Alien 5 will be on Earth, but I will probably not go see it, if it ever gets made...

Kuralyov said:
I heard that Aline 3 and Alien: Resurrection were both originally going to deal with aliens on Earth, but they decided to change it. I also heard that Alien 5 will be on Earth, but I will probably not go see it, if it ever gets made...

Actually there is an 'Alien vs Predator' movie coming out this summer. It deals with some scientists discovering a long lost temple or something in Antartica. Here's the link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

I, too, am iffy about it but I'll probably break down and see it eventually.

Don't wanna sound like the lamest guy on the block, but didn't you guys ever read those Bantam books on Aliens. Some of the best cheesy, shot em up books you ever read.

Well anyway, the topic of earth invasion by Aliens was set in Aliens: Earth Hive by Steve Perry.

Anyway it starts with one queen, her eggs, and a bunch of relgious fanatics. they break in a facilty that's holding the queen, get infected, freak out and run. They spread the aliens across the globe and the thing is that the Alien drones or workers can turn into Queens when there' s no other queen around. Don't know if that's the original idea the creators came up with, cuz in Alien 3 a queen was being born and the alien worker wouldn't harm Ripley.

So back to the story. It begins with the aliens appearing in small nests all over the globe, in places that even a rat couldn't live. The Aliens adapt, prosper, and then spread. Though this was set in the future, not the present. They're quick breeders, tough, and have no natural enemies, except humans. They can infect anything dog sized or bigger and they would all die to save one egg. Rural areas are the biggest site for nests, as they take people, cows, and anyting, plus no one really lives there so the aliens can grow stronger longer.

In the end the humans don't hold on to earth. Billions die and they flee to their colonies and regroup. Let the aliens have earth for now, while they rebuild and prepare to destroy them in a future time.

Cities were nuked, whole areas under quarantine, and anybody who was suspected of carrying was shot on sight and burned. plus you need heavy weapons, I mean the soldiers in the books carried pretty heafty firearms and they still lost.

According to Dark Horse comics Alien: Earth Angel , drawn by John Byrne, the Aliens did come too Eath in 1957, after an alien scout-ship crashed with a pilot impregnated by the alien. The alien was eventually defeated by a group of Hell's Angels, Molotov cocktails and a persistant doctor named Ripley.