Alternate History Star Trek episode, interesting

Spoilers

The new Star Trek: Enterprise episode was on tonight and had some pretty interesting changes to WW2. Thanks to alien help, Germany has been able to invade the United States. The episode makes references like: The Russians are trying to retake Moscow and that the resistence in America is growing. The White House itself has a swatiska flying above it and German Tiger tanks roaming across the lawn. Germany has been able to conquer most of the east coast and is said to have been making incurisons into Missouri and Iowa. The U.S. government has fled Washington D.C. , and my guess went to the west coast. The episode states that the USS Enterprise was sunk and that Japan is making gains in the Pacific. The year so far is 1944. The actual star trek episode was alright, but the alternate timeline was cool. Anyone else see it?

In my view, Enterprise is not canon. It seems to be a mirror of ST: Voyager (the later seasons) and not standing on the ideas that I think ST should represent. The whole AH angle is just some old cliche that is used in science fiction on a darker world and thus the attempts of those characters on changing it back to a better world.

Meh...Personally I think that even with Alien Help (And BTW what kind of alien help was that? Was it just me or did anyone else notice that 90% of the Germans were still using bolt action rifles? I'm really not seeing any vast improvement from the aliens) the Nazi's couldn't have invaded the USA. Not without slapping Russia and Britian down (Which they apparently still haven't done from what I'd gathered from the episode). As an amateur Historian and a fan of AH I would have prefered a better or more realistic timeline but what can one expect from a mediocre science fiction show?

And while I thought season 3 wasn't bad I feel that this whole temporal cold war stuff is just screwing things up. It will all end up not happening due to them messing with the past.

i miss the TNG days, where the played with politics, phylosphy, and the good-ole gun fight. DS9 was of too for politics