AH: The Emerald Isle is Unified before the Norman Conquest

Listen up Irish fans! I just finished unifying Ireland in my CK2 Game, and I was wondering some possible scenarios in which Ireland could have been truly unified and centralized under one De Jure High King, preferably before 1100 CE. Something like that Irish Empire in The Raptor of Spain series, except with more depth, world-building and cultural impact would be preferred. Any ideas?

Romans invade, set up a local government. When the empire falls, Hibernia becomes a unified rump-state

@Han: It is before the Norman conquest, back during the Roman era. What I wonder is if this could be achieved on their own by some exceptional High King or what have you. Heck, no St. Patrick in Ireland would be loads of interesting as well! Now Errnge (or somebody), how would this conquest of Hibernia go about? A different Agricola Campaign?

birdboy2000

Banned
Romans invade, set up a local government. When the empire falls, Hibernia becomes a unified rump-state

Not sure such a state would come into being, let alone last. Sub-Roman Britain was not known for its political unity, and I don't know why Sub-Roman Ireland would be.

There is not going to be such a thing as a "Truly centralized" realm in 1100 AD in the West. There simply aren't the tools of state available to medieval states - Byzantium has effectively early modern development in some areas, that's the only reason it was centralized.

But if you mean centralized in the sense of OTL France or England (what people usually refer to in alt-threads) - I think the first question is how you manage to make it last. The High King position was elective if I'm not mistaken - and that means convincing those voting to vote for you.

Have some High King re-organize the government after disposing of the electors at a dinner party, to a more primogenetic legal system. I suppose.