why was jfk assassinated?

The title was in the answer, was the assassination just to kill him or eas it something more like a conspericy that he could have given out?
Did he have somthing to hide?

What do you think?
( sorry about the spelling ):D

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
You are treading really close to Conspiracy Theory Road.

Conspiracy Theory Road leads nowhere good.

*Runs into bunker 100 meters deep, closes latch, that has two doors under it, each more insanely reinforced than the other.*

This and the Bosnian Pyramid thread in one day? What the hell?

Also the reason he was killed is because one very unimportant man wanted to be remembered by taking one of America's favored sons.

The title was in the answer, was the assassination just to kill him or eas it something more like a conspericy that he could have given out?
Did he have somthing to hide?

What do you think?
( sorry about the spelling ):D

In particular, I myself wonder about Jack Ruby killing Oswald. It's a twist that I think does add a complexity to the assassination, although Oswald himself was pretty much just an asocial type that liked upsetting others.

I think it's very fair to saw that Oswald himself is a VERY odd fish; a radical pro-Communist who briefly lived in the Soviet Union, but the Soviets themselves had little use for him. Clearly mentally disturbed, I suspect he was just too far gone to understand what he was doing.

My gut instinct is that Oswald would have tried to shoot President Nixon, President Kerfauer, or anyone else riding in the Presidential Limo. JFK was not a rabid anti-communist (that was Nixon) and I think Oswald would have acted against any of them. Now, he might have failed; he may very well have been caught for his earlier acts, but I don't think JFK was killed for any reason other than being the President of the United States. For a schizo Communist rejected by real communists, that's all that was needed.

The Definition of a Conspiracy is multiple people working to commit a crime. A logical accomplice would be Mrs. Oswald, but she doesn't seem to have done much to defend her husband, much less take an active role in the shooting. Ultimately, if Oswald weren't Oswald, he might have been able to get a few other people to help him. But if Oswald weren't Oswald, he'd not have tried to kill JFK in the first place.

He knew too much. :p

Seriously, as others have said, just so that Oswald could be remembered. Look at us here, remembering him.

Clint Hill, one of the Secret Service agents in the motorcade and the one who jumped onto the limousine right after the fatal shot was fired, was interviewed today on the MSNBC program "Hardball". The discussion between him and the interviewer revolved in part around the concept that the reason the assassination happened is simply that opportunity presented itself to Oswald. Oswald's disturbed personality, his marksman training in the Marines, his job at the Book Depository and the selection of the motorcade route simply were independent factors that converged into a time and place where the assassination was possible. It was, as they put it, "a crime of opportunity". They also discussed how easy the shot was from Oswald's sniper's nest and, having been to Dallas and the Sixth Floor Museum myself, I agree with that. It was an incredibly easy shot and dispensed with, once and for all, any doubts in my mind about who the assassin was and the sequence of events. It was Oswald, just as the Warren Commission said.

Even though it verges on pseudo-history in some parts, I found Stephen King's 11/22/63 quite entertaining, and it led me to some reading on stuff like this.

As far as I can tell, Oswald was young, idealistic, and probably had something of an inferiority complex. The two times he shot at high-profile politicians, just as much as trying to achieve political goals, he was also trying to prove that he wasn't a worthless invertebrate. Not to verge on conspiracy territory or anything, but Lee was likely psychologically vulnerable and potentially easily manipulable; I wouldn't be surprised if George de Morenschildt was more involved than we know, as the aforementioned book speculates.

I've posted this before...

KENNEDY SLAIN BT CIA, MAFIA, CASTRO, LBJ, TEAMSTERS, FREEMASONS
President Shot 129 Times from 43 DIfferent Angles

Dallas, TEX-President Kennedy was assassinated Friday by operatives of the CIA, the Giancana crime syndicate, Fidel Castro, Vice President Johnson, the Freemasons and the Teamsters as he rode through downtown Dallas in a motorcade.

According to eyewitnesses, Kennedy's limousine had just entered Dealey Plaza when the president was struck 129 times in the head, chest, abdomen, arms, legs, hands, feet, back, and face by gunfire. The shooting began at 12:30 PM and lasted until 12:43 PM CST.

In all, 43 suspects have been taken into the custody of the Dallas police.

Preliminary reports indicate that hitmen for the Giancana crime syndicate fired from a nearby grassy knoll, CIA agents fired from an office building slightly off the parade route, Cuban nationals fired from an overpass overlooking Dealey Plaza, an elite hit squad working for Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa fired from perches atop an oak tree, a 'lone nut' fired from the Texas Book Depository, a shadow-government sharpshooting team fired from a behind a wooden fence, a consortium of jealous husbands fired from an estimated 13 sites on the sidewalk along the route, a hitman working for Johnson fired from a sewer grate over which the limousine passed and Texas Gov. John Connally lunged at the president from within the limousine itself, slitting the president's throat with a combat knife...

From the pages of The Onion on Friday, November 22 1963.

Fortunately J Edgar Hoover seized the body and rushed it to the aliens who crashed in Roswell back in 1947. They healed JFK's multiple death wounds and he flew off for a conference with the frozen brain of Adolph Hitler...while the 43 suspects in custody were all shot by Jack Ruby.

Esopo

Banned
This and the Bosnian Pyramid thread in one day? What the hell?

Also the reason he was killed is because one very unimportant man wanted to be remembered by taking one of America's favored sons.

I never got this phobia for every hint that the usa government could have lied about something. The gulf of tonkin incident shows that it was at least as used as 30's dictatorships to lie to both its and foreign peoples.

I've posted this before...

KENNEDY SLAIN BT CIA, MAFIA, CASTRO, LBJ, TEAMSTERS, FREEMASONS
President Shot 129 Times from 43 DIfferent Angles

Dallas, TEX-President Kennedy was assassinated Friday by operatives of the CIA, the Giancana crime syndicate, Fidel Castro, Vice President Johnson, the Freemasons and the Teamsters as he rode through downtown Dallas in a motorcade.

According to eyewitnesses, Kennedy's limousine had just entered Dealey Plaza when the president was struck 129 times in the head, chest, abdomen, arms, legs, hands, feet, back, and face by gunfire. The shooting began at 12:30 PM and lasted until 12:43 PM CST.

In all, 43 suspects have been taken into the custody of the Dallas police.

Preliminary reports indicate that hitmen for the Giancana crime syndicate fired from a nearby grassy knoll, CIA agents fired from an office building slightly off the parade route, Cuban nationals fired from an overpass overlooking Dealey Plaza, an elite hit squad working for Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa fired from perches atop an oak tree, a 'lone nut' fired from the Texas Book Depository, a shadow-government sharpshooting team fired from a behind a wooden fence, a consortium of jealous husbands fired from an estimated 13 sites on the sidewalk along the route, a hitman working for Johnson fired from a sewer grate over which the limousine passed and Texas Gov. John Connally lunged at the president from within the limousine itself, slitting the president's throat with a combat knife...

From the pages of The Onion on Friday, November 22 1963.

Fortunately J Edgar Hoover seized the body and rushed it to the aliens who crashed in Roswell back in 1947. They healed JFK's multiple death wounds and he flew off for a conference with the frozen brain of Adolph Hitler...while the 43 suspects in custody were all shot by Jack Ruby.

Yes, This, a thousand times, this, and thank you for a great giggle.

In particular, I myself wonder about Jack Ruby killing Oswald. It's a twist that I think does add a complexity to the assassination, although Oswald himself was pretty much just an asocial type that liked upsetting others.

I think it's very fair to saw that Oswald himself is a VERY odd fish; a radical pro-Communist who briefly lived in the Soviet Union, but the Soviets themselves had little use for him. Clearly mentally disturbed, I suspect he was just too far gone to understand what he was doing.

My gut instinct is that Oswald would have tried to shoot President Nixon, President Kerfauer, or anyone else riding in the Presidential Limo. JFK was not a rabid anti-communist (that was Nixon) and I think Oswald would have acted against any of them. Now, he might have failed; he may very well have been caught for his earlier acts, but I don't think JFK was killed for any reason other than being the President of the United States. For a schizo Communist rejected by real communists, that's all that was needed.

The Definition of a Conspiracy is multiple people working to commit a crime. A logical accomplice would be Mrs. Oswald, but she doesn't seem to have done much to defend her husband, much less take an active role in the shooting. Ultimately, if Oswald weren't Oswald, he might have been able to get a few other people to help him. But if Oswald weren't Oswald, he'd not have tried to kill JFK in the first place.

THIS in a nutshell. Oswald was an insane Communist who would have shot whoever was in the White House. My guess is he thought a presidential assassination would have kick started a Communist revolution in the US. The chances of this happening are actually zero but he was crazy and not overly bright so I think this is the most likely reason.

Garrison

Donor
I never got this phobia for every hint that the usa government could have lied about something. The gulf of tonkin incident shows that it was at least as used as 30's dictatorships to lie to both its and foreign peoples.

People don't have a problem believing governments lie; they have a problem believing they could keep a secret of this magnitude for 50 years. For such a conspiracy to work you need the successors of the people who carried it out to go along, and then their successor in many cases, its an absurdity at the most basic level.
If you add in the fact that according to CT's these incredibly clever conspirators made some huge howlers, shooting Kennedy from a completely different direction to one Oswald would have shot from being the classic claim, and the whole cospiracy idea collapses under its own weight.

Clearly he was shot by himself to restore the timeline after being saved by the crew of the good ship Red Dwarf. :p :D

He was assassinated because a Communist really wanted him dead and if someone's bent on killing someone it can be surprisingly difficult to stop this.