Modern Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was inspired from another thread, and it got me thinking.

The Polish Wars (1991 - 2001)

I. Poland Declares Independence from the Soviet Union

"Poland succeeds in conquering the Communists during the Cold War. A democracy is established, a new president elected, and a new army assembled, initiated by the help of a successful coup d'etat.

"The Polish Army, now surrounded by Communist countries on two fronts, declares war on the Soviet Union. They march into Hungary and conquer it overnight, using high-level weapons, massacring everything in their wake. They then head north toward East Berlin, and the Polish government declares war on East Germany. The Polish government annexes Hungary.

"The Soviets prepare their army, and march westward toward Warsaw. The Polish government sends artillery and an army toward the eastern front. They make contact with the United States, pleading backup. The United States agrees, and they form the American-Polish Alliance.

Meanwhile, the Polish Army on the western front destroys East Berlin, forcing the Communist government to abdicate.

The American-Polish Alliance crush the Soviet Army on the eastern front. The United States came prepared with nuclear weapons. The Polish Army slowly marches toward Moscow, and they near the Kremlin. The Soviet government declares war on Poland and the United States.

II. The Soviet-Polish War

"The United States, to further strengthen their alliance with Poland, agrees to give them Guam and other islands in the Pacific, to use as bases. Poland agrees to allow the United States army to have a military base established in Warsaw. The United States shares nuclear technology with Poland.

"A new batch of the Soviet army marches toward Warsaw, declaring annexation. The Polish government initiated sanctions against the Soviets, forcing trade to cease. Poland forces annexation of Lithuania, Belarus, and Latvia.

"The Polish army retreats from East Berlin, and marches on toward Moscow. The Polish army decimates the Soviet stronghold, the battle lasting for three days with Polish victory. Using the guidance of the United States, the Polish government bombards Moscow with heavy artillery and tank warfare. The Soviets surrender, and sign a peace treaty with Poland - the Peace of Budapest.

III. The Polish Civil War

"The Soviet government collapses, forming the Federation that it is today. Poland recognizes the new Russian nation, and makes peace with it.

"However, a brief civil war erupts. The Polish Civil War occurs between Communist factions and the new Nationalist government. The Communist factions sympathized with the former Soviets, stationed in Auschwitz. The Nationalist government pleaded for the United States, the British Empire, France, Sweden, and Germany to get involved.

"Despite heavy casualties of the Nationalist Army, they were successful, thwarting the Communist threat. France and Germany sent aide to the new Polish government.

IV. Imperialist Poland

"Poland annexed Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, and Belarus. The four countries joined together, and formed the Grand Alliance of Poland and Baltic States. Poland forms alliances with the United States, Great Britain, and Sweden.

"Poland joins the Vietnam War with the United States, resulting in American victory. The United States recognizes Poland as a power."

Note: I will add more. Feel free to comment!!!

It's a matter of fact. Poland was the second-strongest country in the Warsaw pact, but defeating the Soviet Union??? Fighting successfully on three fronts??? Marching as far as Moscow??? With superweapons they seem to have pulled out of thin air??? The US giving them some colonies??? Sorry, I correct myself. That's not nationwank, it's nation-bukkake.

And what Vietnam War in 1991-2000???

I would agree with Max although is this suppose to be serious or not? cause why give Guam? Poland can't reach the pacific and thoses base are much more useful both u.s and poland in U.S hand and why didn't the soviet used the war to instigate MAD?

Polish

I'm part Polish and even I think that this thread has some problems:

1. Poland was independent of the USSR prior to 1991. They were a signatory to the Warsaw Pact.

2. Poland being given Guam. WTH?

3. Poland helping the US in Vietnam? WTF? The Vietnam War ended in 1975 unless you are making a POD way back before then.

4. Poland going as far as Moscow. Even after the Russian civil War in the 1920's the Polish Army only got as far as Kiev.

Hendryk

Banned
"The Polish Army, now surrounded by Communist countries on two fronts, declares war on the Soviet Union.

They march into Hungary and conquer it overnight, using high-level weapons, massacring everything in their wake. They then head north toward East Berlin, and the Polish government declares war on East Germany. The Polish government annexes Hungary.
In 1991 East Germany had ceased to exist as a country, let alone a Communist one, and the only Communist regime left in central Europe was Albania. There was no longer an East Berlin, and Hungary was by then a liberal democracy.

Meanwhile, the Polish Army on the western front destroys East Berlin, forcing the Communist government to abdicate.
The Communist government of Helmut Kohl? :rolleyes:

The United States, to further strengthen their alliance with Poland, agrees to give them Guam and other islands in the Pacific, to use as bases.
And Okinawa. And, what the hell, all of Japan. And Australia. :D

The Nationalist government pleaded for the United States, the British Empire, France, Sweden, and Germany to get involved.
The British Empire? In 1991?

"Poland joins the Vietnam War with the United States, resulting in American victory. The United States recognizes Poland as a power."
The Vietnam War? In 1991?

This isn't AH, and it isn't even funny.

Hold it, you're the one who claimed that a war between the US and China was prophesized in the Bible?

In that case, my advice to you is: stop posting on this board, you're obviously not where you think you are.

OK, so I made a mistake with that one....

BUT DON'T BASH ME ABOUT THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S AN AH, AND WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, TOUGH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM ENTITLED TO POST ANYTHING I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT DON'T BASH ME ABOUT THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S AN AH, AND WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, TOUGH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM ENTITLED TO POST ANYTHING I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you are welcome to post whatever you want but there is a need to make TLs consistent, either within themselves or with regards to 'real' history; it is the latter that causes so many queries in this case, e.g. having Poland involved in the Vietnam War when your point of departure is seemingly 1991 yet the Vietnam War ended nearly 20 years before that.

Hum can we at least have some explanation on the The Vietnam War In 1991? Colony in the pacific for the Poles etc etc

Yes, you are welcome to post whatever you want but there is a need to make TLs consistent, either within themselves or with regards to 'real' history; it is the latter that causes so many queries in this case, e.g. having Poland involved in the Vietnam War when your point of departure is seemingly 1991 yet the Vietnam War ended nearly 20 years before that.

Ok. I see your point. Thank you.

If you had read some of the other threads here you ought to have noticed that your timeline would be likely to come in for some criticism. In this section of the site members tend to demand a strong element of realism in the timelines.

The criticism you have received has been polite and reasonable.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor

No, you're not entitled to post anything you want. For example, you're not entitled to go apeshit and tell people off. You're kicked from the board for a week to cool down.

It's the spring they come out of hibernation. The guy an interesting mix he could be consider as somekind of Serpentor of Molobo and Radical_Neutral :D (would be interesting in the serie :D )

After reading this craziness, I definately agree that ATLs need to be realistic and at least have some basis in fact, and take off from there.

An utter wank of a TL written by a gibbering idiot without one iota of understanding of history... I mean WTF? This idiot believes that Polands was somehow incorperated into the USSR in OTL?
Also seems his name is quite accurate... he certainly is mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.