PDA

View Full Version : Gambastiani series-Title?

edvader
May 27th, 2004, 11:20 PM
A writer named Kurt(?) Gambastiani wrote an AH series in which Custer is President of the US and his son is with the Plains Indians. There is a VERY interesting map in the first book which shows a QUITE different US. It has an inland sea eliminating some and possibly all of a few states. I'll try and get the title(s) asap.Anyone read them? :)

David S Poepoe
May 28th, 2004, 12:57 AM
"Fallen Cloud Saga"

I think its very interesting and highly original. The indian's riding the dinosaurs and the politics of Custer's Washington keeps my interest. I would love to see a TL for the series.

edvader
May 28th, 2004, 01:05 AM
David, I think it MAY be in one of the volumns. A new one just came out. I'll chack. :cool:

David S Poepoe
May 28th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Why don't you check out www.uchronia.net thats the great AH book website. I looked there and have looked at my copies of the books.

edvader
May 29th, 2004, 04:18 PM
I Did. THAT's my Favorite site. I went to a SF Con Friday in Baltimore and checked out the books. I DID not find any time line-but that was looking at the LATEST book. I'll check. Thanks. ;)

David S Poepoe
May 30th, 2004, 07:58 AM
I did take a look about the web and discovered that Giambastiani has planned a fifth book, but some disagreement with Roc may keep it from getting printed. Take a look at:

http://www.sff.net/people/giambastiani/

for some information about the Fallen Cloud Saga and Giambastiani's take on doing alternate history.