Which AH.com TL would you like to see adapted?

Into film, TV, videogame, or any other visual medium, be it realistic or ASB--if there's already been a thread like this, I'm sure plenty of new, good stuff has cropped up since then. Stories also count. You also can't choose your own. ;)

PipBoy2999

Banned
I'd love to see Dies the Fire done in the same style as Fallout 3. I can't get enough of Fallout and am dying slowly of lack of oxygen holding my breath for New Vegas.

FDW

Banned
"Look to the West", "Lands of Red and Gold", "Dystopic Return of Magic", and of course "A World of Laughter, A World of Tears".

A World of Laughter, a World of Tears. And of course, all the best actors have to be in it.:D

An Alternate History of the Netherlands, of course. It would make a good Grand Strategy game

Or barring that, the Wing Commander reboot. I'd like to see Wing Commander rise from the ashes, with more detail concerning the whole war. Not only flight simulators, but fleet ones and FPS along the lines of Brothers in Arms.

I've always wanted to turn Stardust into RPGs, but I've thought about that for over a decade.

And if all else fails, an Assassin's Creed type game set in Issac's Empire.

Seeing "AWOLAWOT" on TV would perhaps cause mass suicide.

Oh, come on, I only tried to kill myself Three times over the course of reading it. It's perfectly fit for mainstream consumption.

and a lawsuit from the disney corporation

And God only knows what fresh horrors that they have stored in their secret labs....

As for the timelines, I wouldn't mind blasting man-eating Elves for a few hours on my 360....

so it's a Brown note/portal to a hellish dimension/lawsuit.

we got ourselves a Winner boys.

Frankly... There are three timelines I'd like to see updated as Games, Movies or Comics but two of them are currently on Hiatus...

The first one is Napoleon's victory by Zach. This is due to the fact that the Napoleonic Wars are my favorite period of history and this timeline is probably the best I read on the subject. Sadly, Zach hasn't updated it for a long time. I don't blame him as he must have his reasons, but I'm dying to see the end of the timeline.

The second one would be Isaac's Empire as I consider it a Masterpiece. The adaptation of the timeline would be great, whatever material it would be adapted in :)

The last one is a timeline I haven't seen udpated since long ago... It was called Britons Triumphant. At the start, the timeline based itself on a possibility of King Arthur's existence being the reason the Anglo-Saxon invasion stopped for 20 years. This taken, the POD was having Arthur survive the Battle of Calamn instead of dying. The King would then move on to unite OTL England and Wales into a Kingdom of Britannia.
This timeline had a cool concept and interesting butterflies (The Carolingian Dynasty not being overthrown by the Capet in France, Aquitaine declaring itself as an independant Kingdom, No schism between the West and the East, A unified Italy, etc...). I thus think seeing it adapted would be quite great and have some success. Unfortunately, it hasn't been udpated in a very long time and it is stuck in the 1200s or so...

"Look to the West", "Lands of Red and Gold", "Dystopic Return of Magic", and of course "A World of Laughter, A World of Tears".

I'd add Max's Chaos TL, Zach's Pax Gallicana TL and some of Tony Jones' TLs. As for media and genre, I'm not too sure. Games, books and comics would be the most likely.

Swarm on the Somme seems to fit the bill. It's one of the few great sci-fi stories we have on this site which have an original and scary alien invader.

Into film, TV, videogame, or any other visual medium, be it realistic or ASB--if there's already been a thread like this, I'm sure plenty of new, good stuff has cropped up since then. Stories also count. You also can't choose your own. ;)

Your SotS stories would be pretty cool as a video game. Sure, we've already blasted bug-like monstrosities as heavily-armored space marines in Gears of War and many other titles... But blasting them to bits as common soldiers equipped with puny WWI equipment is a far more exiting challenge, IMHO. :D

To specify : I'd imagine a potential SotS game as being sort of a hybrid of tower defense and co-op FPS - something similar to Iron Grip : Warlord. You'd have a small band of soldiers (say, a maximum of twenty) and you'd have to endure insane last stands against attacking hordes of Grex. :cool: Being tower defense, you'd be given some time to set up makeshift defences after the start of each level. However, you wouldn't just purchase them, you'd have to use a simple physics-based manipulation system to build barricades and traps (etc.) with your character's "own hands". Then the attack would begin, you'd grab your guns and start kicking Grex arse. :D The game would be a more squad-based shooter and you'd have to carefully ration your explosives and ammo. Melee weapons would be invaluable - not just emergency weapons, but effective anti-Grex sidearms (plus, they don't need ammo). There wouldn't be any restrictive "class" specialization - anyone could wield a rifle, machine gun, flamethrower, etc. And there'd be lots of various maps to play on, each with its own unique challenges : Defend the town hall in the war-torn hellscape of Brussels; hold the Sydney lines until all evacuation trains have safely escaped; protect artillery positions in the frozen winter forests of the Urals; traverse the deadly cliffs, ledges, summits and caves of heavily infested Bryce Canyon in Utah; etc. :D Most maps would have mannable stationary guns and some even drivable vehicles. There'd also be some element of squad morale : If it would get too low, one (or more) of your squadmates would be overcomed by despair, then start panicking or having defeatist thoughts. You could raze morale by barking something encouraging or threatening at the frightened soldiers... or just shooting them in the head. :D ;) Besides these common missions, there would also be "breather levels" - say, having fun as a gunner aboard a Luftkreuzer or biplane, shooting those pesky flying Grex. :p

Possible taglines for the game :
"If purple it bleeds, blow it to bits !"
"Bugger off, Roaches !"
"WWI finally made awesome !"
"WWI + Hungry Alien Locusts + Badass Real Historical Characters = New Kind of Awesome"
:rolleyes: :D

Last edited: