The Fenian War?

Faeelin

Banned
Okay. Before 1865, the US will lose to Britain. After 1885, war is rather less likely.

What about a war inspired by the fenians? How would the US fare in 66?

Fenian War

Ok, my History 10 class just finished studying this era so I might be of some help.

Let' see, the Fenians were one of the major reasons that the colonies of British North America banded together to form Canada. In order to have a Fenian inspired war we need a Fenian Band to engage a Canadian Militia Unit, and win. They then go on to perhaps sack a town or two before returning to the US. The Canadians then launch their own series of attacks which causes the conflict to escalate further into full blown out war. Now the US has a veteran army with very good commanders, and a very modern navy. In British North America the British are pretty much screwed.
So here's how I see the war of 66 going. First off the US fleet heads out and blockades Halifax. Sherman leads a smaller campaign in the Maritimes while Grant takes control of the main campaign in the Toronto Region. British Forces have very little artillery support so Grant simply blasts them into dust. The Canadian Militia put up a good fight but they simply cannot fight the veteran US army on equall terms. The US forces advance and seize everything up to the Ottowa River by the end of the Year. They then stop campaigning due to winter. Quebec does not try to seceed from BNA instead they marshall as many Militia as they can inorder to try and stem the Union advance. Meanwhile England Marshals its navy and it engages the USN in the Battle of Halifax or something. The USN due to its overwhelming superiority in Turreted Ironclads wins this one and drives the British Back. The Quebecers put up a valiant fight but in the end are quashed by the Union. Peace is signed soon after with the US gaining all of Upper and Lower Canada, and Perhaps a part of New Brunswick, as well as the Northwest Territories which then was pretty much all of Western Canada. Britian is left with the Maritimes. Sewards dream is accomplished USA now dominates the continent. Alaska is still purchased. Britian abandons Fort Vancouver and Fort Victoria. Quebec continues to be a pain in the ass for the USA as it continues into the future.

Hope this helped :cool: