Development of a French North American Nation State

A Challange. What will be the most likey ATL of French colonization of North America in the 15th to 16th Centuries containing colonies of OTL locations: Quebec,Nova Scotia,New Brunswick,Maine,Massachussets,New Hampshire,Connecticuit,Rhode Island,NewYork,Pennsylvannia,NewJersey and the rest of the American states on the eastern sea board with florida included. The only English settlement on the continent will be Newfoundland.
Also another interesting development would be a French american revolution which will occur at roughly the same time as the English American colonies.
What will this Franco America be like in this ATL? What will the revolutionay governtment be like? I understand that the French were more "humane" to the native tribes then the English and probably thus be assimalted and not driven from the colonists.

Dan Guy said:
A Challange. What will be the most likey ATL of French colonization of North America in the 15th to 16th Centuries containing colonies of OTL locations: Quebec,Nova Scotia,New Brunswick,Maine,Massachussets,New Hampshire,Connecticuit,Rhode Island,NewYork,Pennsylvannia,NewJersey and the rest of the American states on the eastern sea board with florida included. The only English settlement on the continent will be Newfoundland.
Also another interesting development would be a French american revolution which will occur at roughly the same time as the English American colonies.
What will this Franco America be like in this ATL? What will the revolutionay governtment be like? I understand that the French were more "humane" to the native tribes then the English and probably thus be assimalted and not driven from the colonists.

In my opinion, you would be looking at a French American Revolution that had a higher chance of failing OTL. Too much emphasis on unfettered Enlightenment thought and not enough insight into human evil would create a government very easily swayed by mob rule and very easy to corrupt. It would collapse and be re-absorbed into the French empire. Really, I am not even sure there would be a revolution.

American colonists, being so closely tied with Britain, we're also influenced by some of the cutting edge Classical Liberal thought coming from the homeland. That, and there was a unique struggle for religious freedom in the colonies in the Puritan denomination. You might see the same occur among French Huguenots, but I am not so usre about that. Then again, I also lack sufficient knowledge of that Protestant group.

Well what if the colonists are angered by the absolote monarchy and ban together to fight for freedom. I do know about the seignuers but during this time I could surley see rebellion in one form or other. They probably see the evils in absolutism and call for a revolution. Say most of the leaders of this revolution are idealists and strive for a haven in North America surely they could unite the colonists and knock the French out. The seugnuers would be captured and hanged in this new republic.

What about a 17thC TL where the French COUREURS DE BOIS and their Algonquian allies such as the Abenaki and Huron, during the course of King Philip's War, are able to, from their bases in New France, co-ordinate military action with the southern NE tribes (Wampanoag, Narragansett, Nipmuck, Pocumtuck etc) and effectively conduct extensive raids which totally obliterate English settlements within both northern and southern NE ? As a result, the surviving Puritans, Pilgrims and their Mohegan and Praying Indian allies are compelled to flee to refuge on Newfoundland. Then the French govt in Paris could dispatch larger nos. of settlers and soldiers to occupy former English land, while other French traders and missionaries in the Ohio Valley could, inspired by this success against the English in NE, inspire similar fullscale frontier warfare against English settlers in Pennsylvania, Virginia and the Carolinas by the Shawnee, Delaware, Cherokee and other disaffected tribes. If these English-hating tribes could be effectively welded into an alliance by some ingenius French leader and unleashed in a tornado whose ferocity far surpasses that of previous Indian risings, before London is able to dispatch large nos. of regular troops, then les Anglais could be in very big trouble.

Also, with an earlier POD, WI the French were able to buy or take New Amsterdam from the Dutch, co-opt the local Algonquian Indians as allies, and establish an extension of New France, which could then be used as a base to conquer English settlements in New Jersey ?