Flag of the Shahdom of New Shiraz, an Iranian colony in Eastern Africa - I'm kind of fascinated by both a Zoroastrian Iran and possible Iranian colonies, had I'd time to develope it, I think this would be very interesting.
Iranian Tanzania.png

Flag of New Acadia, a Hellenic colony - the basis here is that the name Acadia (originally Arcadia) comes from a region in modern day Greece
Hellenic Acadia.png

Flag of the Pepsi-Cola Navy - if you're familiar with the OTL story, in 1989 the Soviet Union sold a considerable amount of naval ships to Pepsi, making the drinks company the 6th most potent naval power for a brief period of time before they sold it off as scrap metal. I'd imagine the Pepsi-Cola Navy's base would be either in Kamchatka or Alaska perhaps?
Pepsi Cola Navy.png

Let's see if we can get this back on track, shall we?

FLAG CHALLENGE #292: "California Dreamin”

1280px-Flag_of_California.svg.png

I have a certain fondness for the flag of the US state of California. So using this flag as inspiration the new contest is as follows:

Create a flag of any nation or state using the California Republic "Bear Flag" as a guide

Rules:
- If using a nation it must be an existing member of the UN.
- State/province/protectorate/territory etc. must currently exist as part of a UN member nation.
- Your flag must contain at least one of each of the following elements:
1. Animal
2. Star (any number of points)
3. Band, bar, or stripe (can be diagonal, vertical, or horizontal)
4. Text

Submissions open: Now
Submissions close: Saturday, 29 June, 23:00 +5 GMT

Please remember to review the contest rules, especially concerning flag size: for each image in a multiple-flag entry, the shortest side must be 400 pixels or less, and the longest side must be 600 pixels or less.

Last edited: